Conduct yourselves with all humility, gentleness, and patience. Accept each other with love, and make an effort to preserve the unity of the Spirit with the peace that ties you together. You are one body and one spirit, just as God also called you in one hope.
There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and one God and Father of all, who is over all, through all, and in all.Ephesians 4:2-6 Common English Bible (CEB)
- We believe there is only one God. God is Love and the eternal Creator of all that there is. God exists as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, each possessing all the attributes of deity.
- We believe that Jesus is God’s Son who came to earth, was crucified, and resurrected.
- We believe the Bible is the inspired word of God and is, therefore, the final authority for our understanding of God and life.
- We believe that God sent Jesus to live on earth. Jesus offered himself as the perfect and ultimate sacrifice for the sin that separates us from God.
- We believe that salvation is a free gift. It comes only by undeserved mercy through trust in Christ’s sacrificial death. It brings us from spiritual death to a new life in God’s Spirit. We accept and confess what Christ has done to reconcile us verbally, in immersion, and in a life of daily obedience to God.
- We believe that the church is the body of Christ on earth and that the Holy Spirit, who dwells in each Christian, empowers the church to reach those who are separated from God. We practice gathering weekly for congregational singing, prayer, the study of the Bible, and the sharing of bread and juice in remembrance of Jesus’ body and blood given for us.